Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Overlay


When the overlay assignment was given, the first idea that came to my head was puzzle pieces with some missing. Unfortunately, the photoshop elements at school did not have the puzzle overlay, so i had to make due with something else. I croped the photo so that the darkness and my face were at opposite sides of the picture. When i started removing some of the blocks, I thought it would look cool if I made it look like they were falling into the darkness, to represent some kind of story. I didn't want to overdue it so that there were too many blocks coming off of my face, so i thought that this final preview looked the best.

1 comment:

  1. Dylan, you continue to be technically strong. The lighting of the photo and cropping using the rule of thirds is well done. However, you are not putting as much energy into the concept. "Represents some kind of story...?" You need to spin that story, that is what sells photos. When you become a professional, which I think you will do, the client will be much less interested in your technical process than I am as a teacher. What the client needs to understand is the symbolism behind the image so they can determine if it has meaning for them either personally or corporately. The falling blocks are well done, and I agree that it would have been a mistake to get carried away and tear off too many. This is a gallery quality piece of work, now if only I could get you to verbalize better:)

    ReplyDelete