Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Black & White

For my first black and white photo, I went with a classic locker picture. Taking the photo on an angle gives a more pattern look, and ads more to the picture. I used photoshop to convert the picture to Black and White, and used cutout filter, to make it look more cartoon-ish.


My second picture was takin in the Fitness room with my Nikon D3000, using my Sb-600 speedlight. I put the flash on low so it wouldn't have much glare on the weights. Using photoshop, I also converted this into black and white, but with an urban/snapshot style. This really makes the photo show the detail, and you can notice where the focal point of the picture is.


For my final black and white picture, I used a fire hydrant on the school yard. I used a gradient effect in photoshop to fade one side from black, to the main focus and the photo.

1 comment:

  1. Dylan, I like the composition of your photographs. You have a good eye for design, but you are too lazy to explain why you took that angle. Be clear and specific. Explain the design concept and explain the message intended for each image.

    ReplyDelete