Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Poetry Cover Assignment



For this assignment, our class was given the opportunity to design the anual school poetry book for next year. I looked at some of the old ones and I enjoyed the look of the hand right on the cover making it look like someone was actually writing on it. I used to have a t-shirt that had a pencil turning into a tree and I really liked the artsy feel to it so I tried doing it for myself and I think it turned out pretty well. Finally, I put a piece of paper on the background to make it look more realistic then a normal photoshop edit. I had also free drawn the text on the paper to make it look real, instead of a normal photoshop font.

1 comment:

  1. Dylan, you gave a basic explanation of your creative process but you did not tell why this image is the best submission. Why torn paper, does that represent how difficult it is to express oneself in writing? And the wooden desk, is that a symbol of the hard reality breaking through the creative process? Is the tree pen meant to represent the connect of the author to nature? I the hand shown as a photographic negative because it is innermost thoughts being expressed. Okay, I know this sounds like B.S. but you need to spin a tale to convince the client to chose your work. It is the story you spin as much as the technical work that makes a sale.

    ReplyDelete